2nd Intl. RSE Leaders Workshop 2020
Dates: Tue 15th-Wed 16th September + Wed 30th September 2020 (3 half days)
Agenda: Link to the agenda
Code of Conduct: Link to the Code of Conduct
Photo by Antonia Cozacu, Jan Philipp Dietrich, de-RSE e.V. (CC BY 4.0).
The 2nd International RSE Leaders Meeting brings together established and aspiring leaders (activists and influencers) from the international Research Software Engineering community for a three-half-days event of networking, knowledge exchange, and hands-on collaboration.
It is the perfect opportunity to meet with key representatives from the established RSE communities from around the world. The meeting will provide aspiring leaders with the knowledge and contacts needed to establish research software engineering in their own countries, and will advance our shared goal of software becoming a first-class research output.
Places at the meeting are strictly limited. We are looking for applications from people with a vision to start or advance a Research Software Engineering community in their own region or country, or within a specific domain or discipline. Here, keenness is more important than seniority.
In 2018, the first International RSE Leaders Workshop, organized by the UK RSE Association, took place at the Alan Turing Institute in London, UK. Amongst other successes, it saw the foundation of the Nordic RSE community and helped improve access to software expertise in research.
This year’s three-half-days event is a continuation of that collaboration.
It features presentations and discussions, as well as hands-on collaboration. To support asynchronous collaboration beyond the limited time of the first two half-days, the workshop will feature a third half-day session two weeks after the first two, on Wednesday, 30th September 2020. In this third session, collaborative groups present their results, and plan future activities.
- Anne Claire Fouilloux (Nordic RSE / University of Oslo / NO)
- Ben van Werkhoven (NL-RSE / Netherlands eScience Center / NL)
- Claire Wyatt (Society of Research Software Engineering / University of Southampton / UK)
- Daniel S. Katz (US-RSE / University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign / USA)
- Ian A. Cosden (US-RSE / Princeton University / USA)
- Johan Philips (beRSE / KU Leuven / BE)
- Peter van Heusden (African RSSE / South African National Bioinformatics Institute / ZA)
- Radovan Bast (Nordic RSE / UiT The Arctic University of Norway / NO)
- Simon J. Hettrick (Society of Research Software Engineering / University of Southampton / UK)
- Stephan Druskat (de-RSE - Society for Research Software / German Aerospace Center (DLR), Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin / DE), chair